- Ok, so here’s the deal, As many of you know, I got this car in the most unusual way, I won it in a raffle. Although I am a racer, and have been for 30 years or so, at this time, I am not going to get back into the sport. I am having fun helping others, doing racing photography, and promoting racing in the area through the podcast at BHRaceTalk.com Also as many of you know, I accumulated some medical bills over the past few years (I am healthy now) but the bills remain.
- So my plans are as follows
- The proceeds of the sale of this car are:
- 1/3 towards my remaining medical bills
- 1/3 towards my wife, because she deserves nice things for putting up with my racing shenanigans
- 1/3 towards Charity, local people in need.
2017 School Supply Drive
“Black Hills Race Talk with the help of Black Hills Speedway, Aga Farms, JMD Excavating and the Generous Support of the Racing Community have completed a school supply drive for the 2017-2018 school year. We have raised over $1000 for this cause, and gave out over 75 BHRaceTalk School packs loaded with school supplies for the school year. These kids who received them will definitely be the coolest kids in class.
2017 Fundraiser for Jeremy McCune
- BHRaceTalk, Sires Trucking, and SMAC Motorsports Helped to raise an additional $820.00 to Help Jeremy McCune out after his skin grafts and surgeries.
You can still Help at:
BHRaceTalk and Black Hills Speedway raised over $1000 for the
Humane Society of the Black Hills and the Children’s Miracle Network
The last few years I drove a race car, I decided to make a choice to give back. I have never been very good at asking for sponsor money, in fact never really collected that much anyway to support my racing, so I thought, “If I could affect at least 1 life positively with what I am doing, that would make it all worth it.” I went to Knoxville to watch the Nationals and met Stevie Smith, who was driving a car dedicated to The RAACE Foundation. I talked to him and saw the wonderful impact he was having through the sport of sprint car racing….. after that, I was all in. I dedicated the last few years of my driving to bringing awareness to the horrible epidemic of child abuse. I still have the desire to do this. So if you want to get involved in a charity that is making a difference in the lives of kids, check out the RAACE Foundation.
Race Against Abuse of Children Everywhere
The First Step is Awareness